Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Water, Huckleberries, Flour

We have been in La Grande for about 2 1/2 weeks now. We have been enjoying our time with family. The first week my mom and I canned green beans, applesauce, and...something else, but I can't remember what it was. With the change in coming here and at least three new teeth coming in, David hasn't been sleeping very well and that is my excuse for the temporary brain lag...at least I hope it is temporary. It has been really cool here the last week, but has started to warm up so we got out the little pool from Greatgrandma Henderson for David to play in. The water was a little too cold to sit in, but he enjoyed playing standing up.


Last Saturday we went huckleberry picking with Ryan's mom. David did a lot better than I thought he would, wasn't too hard to handle. He even helped pick berries, though oftentimes he would put one in the bucket and take three out. We had a little bit of trauma, though, as Grandma and David encountered some yellow jackets. David got stung once and Carol a few times.



David likes to push buttons and turn knobs. I was washing dishes, my mom was measuring out ingredients for bread. David reached up and turned on the mixer and flour went everywhere. My mom and I were laughing, David was covered in flour, clearly traumatized, but I was running around trying to find my camera before consoling him. It must not have been too traumatic because the next time the mixer was out he tried to do the same thing.

No comments: