Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden

Ryan and David went to the park last week and left Mom at home to do whatever she wanted. They had fun. David enjoyed going down a slide and watching other kids play. He enjoys clapping his hands, requests help so he can sit on the couch and play, and folds his arms by himself when we say it is time for prayer!


I wanted to plant a garden this year, but we won't be here during August and most of September so I thought it wasn't going to work out. Then I was singing to David and one of my regulars is "The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden." I felt the truth in that statement so I decided there were a few things that we could grow and at least get something from before we leave. Ryan built us some great planters, I painted them, and then we got them ready to go. We will plant green beans, beets, and lettuce and see what happens.


I also planted some pansies to add some beauty around. One of my earliest memories is walking to school and looking at pansies in someone's yard.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Kevan said...

We have to wait to plant our garden, but I bought some zinnia seed, moon flower and lavender to plant, Bruce does the veggies in his garden.

lindsy said...

your planters look great
lettuce grows so fast you'll get lots of salads before you take off.

glenna3 said...

Heather, good job, your planters are nifty and your pansy are bright and cheerful, Ilove them. I bought lavender seed a couple weeks ago, just have to figure where to put it.
Grandpa has ground ready to plant but to cold yet.... Love your "blog" and enjoy the pictures you put in.
Love you.
gm