Monday, June 8, 2009

The End of Another Term

David grew out of his hat so I decided to make him a bigger one since summer has yet to begin. I was lucky and got the pattern for $1 and I already had most of the materials to make it. This was my first time working from an actual store pattern (my mom couldn't believe I hadn't used one before) and it took some time to figure out what the instructions were saying. I referred to an online sewing dictionary quite a bit. It seemed like it took forever to make, but actually it only took about a week. David really likes it. When I gave it to him he was really happy and managed to even put it on by himself a few times. That made me feel good. One of these pictures you can see the hat well, the other one is the first time I can actually see how David looks like Ryan.


Unfortunately (for us), David is no longer happy just watching us/food cook. He tries to get the spoon to stir (here Daddy is letting him), or he brings a spoon and pan that he has been playing with to the stove to cook with.

David is getting bigger and able to do more things, playing with Dad as a horse, pointing at things he wants, pointing at things in books when I ask him to, helping unload the dishwasher, and setting the table. He can say "yeah", and I think I have heard him say "Daddy" and "no" a few times, but that is about it.


The end of this term has been a lot lower stress for Ryan than last term. Here he is playing with David today.


2 comments:

glenna3 said...

Great sewing job Heather! Grandpa said the hat looks like it came from the store!
Before long David can do the cooking :) He is so different then the little boy his same age at church !
Love you.
gm

Carol said...

David is so cute. Heather you did a great job on the hat. Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.
Love, Grandma Carol